Wednesday, October 5, 2011

I'm an Adult? Really?

This weekend I will most likely not be blogging. I will be a chaperon. All weekend. This sounds like a bad idea.

My good friend Richie (aka Mr. U, aka Romeo) who I was in a play with a long time ago and also graduated with, is a theater teacher locally (well, north about 1 1/2 hours). This weekend happens to be the Utah High School Shakespearean Festival. So Richie needed another male chaperon and I volunteered. "Why doesn't Mr. U just ask a parent?" you might ask. Well, first of all, I love to go to these kinds of conferences and Richie's a great friend, so I'm really excited to do this in the first place. But more so, due to changes that are taking place in the Utah education realms, chaperons need to be fingerprinted and have a background clearance by the FBI. Which I have and do.

Wait what? That basically means that the FBI has certified me as being more reliable than a majority of adults right? I don't know when this happened, but I guess I'm now a geezer...

To be fair, the last time that I chaperoned a trip they built a fort on the bus...

1 Comment:

  1. Bradwich said...
    I also certify you as being more reliable than the majority of adults. Also, more willing to cut off some hair with a pocket knife in order to play intramural soccer.

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex