Monday, May 3, 2010

I'm in London. Some of you may already know this. But for those who were unaware, I am here doing a six-week study abroad for the theatre program. I'm loving it. However, all my friends were starting these special blogs for their journeys, and I decided that I wasn't going to start another blog that I don't ever post on, until I continue to post semi-annually on this one... if that makes sense. Also there is apparently some new google "let's see if you're really a human" thing that makes you verify your identity via text message, which I am currently without in the UK.

Seeing as I am constantly putting off blogging, there is a lot to catch people up on, and I will try my darndest, but I will also try to keep my writing time (and your reading time) to a minimum, because, honestly, I would rather be doing other things. But I also want to share all of the wonderful things that have been happening and weird experiences that we have had so far.

As is my custom, I will condense most everything into list form.

-I have been here about six full days. (Worth about 9 days in the states, but the exchange rate is pretty bad).
-I have seen five plays in those six days. I see this as an accomplishment, since that is kind of what I came here to do.
-I have seen: The 39 Steps, 11 & 12, Macbeth, Antigone, and Les Miserables. I will try to go back and write about most of these because they were all mostly amazing (minus Antigone).
- I have learned how the tube system works and use it frequently.
-I have eaten lots of wonderful food. (My favorite so far has been the lamb burger with grilled haloumi cheese).
-I have felt like a tourist. (It's not a fun feeling for me).
-I have done lots of other things. (Good description Christian...)

Really though, I'm loving it here. I love culture. I love theater. I am glad that I get to experience both here in great abundance. I find it amazing just how comfortable I can feel in a foreign country after just a week. I have been taking some pictures and I will try to post some in a reasonable time. But for now I need some sleep so that I can continue the adventure tomorrow. I will try very hard to keep this updated on a frequent but short post basis so that I don't fall behind and put it off.

Just as a little preview, tomorrow we're going to the London Museum (that may not actually be what it's called...) and the Banqueting House, then tomorrow night a few of us are going to see a play/circus/acrobatics show called Psy which explores the idea of the seven layers of the psyche. Sounds interesting. I'll let you know how it is.... plus pictures... I promise... no really...

1 Comment:

  1. Bradwich said...
    Highlights from the above post:

    - Title
    - Exchange rate of days

    All of it was good, but I especially liked these bits. And your burger sounded good. Bring one home for me?

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex