Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sorry that I've fallen behind a little bit. I promise one of these days I'll try to catch up on everything that's been happening. I still really want to tell you about Women Beware Women, one of the most incredible shows that I have seen in my lifetime (and one of the actors was the guy who played Dudley Dursley from the Harry Potter movies in it, if that is exciting to you...).

But for now, other stories. Well this is actually more of just a picture post. Yesterday (Tuesday) we took a group trip to the London temple, so of course I brought my camera along. It was an absolutely beautiful day (a little cold but whatever). For those who haven't been to the London Temple, the temple is beautiful, but almost pales in comparison to the extensive grounds (is that blasphemy?). It feels almost like the temple is on the grounds of a forest. There are acres upon acres (I'm awful at measuring distance)(32 acres according to wikipedia) of little groves of trees that have benches hidden among them so that you can sit and contemplate life. It was absolutely gorgeous. Have I said that already?

So the problem is that I take lots of pictures and a lot of them look a lot alike. I'm horrible at decisions and revisions and so I love them all. That's where you (the magic readership) come in. I'm going to put little numbers above each of the pictures and you should comment and tell me which are your favorites (there is no minimum or maximum). Got it? Go!

1.

2.

3.

4.

5.

6.

7.

8.

9.

10.

11.

12.

13.

14.

15.

16.

17.

18.

19.

20.

So that's it. Well, that's 20 out of the hundreds I took. But my favorite part about all of these pictures is that they're all essentially straight out of the camera. I only made minor adjustments to brightness, contrast, and saturation in some areas. So yay!

4 Comments:

  1. kristykadish@gmail.com said...
    Beautiful photos friend!!!....oh and you must not have gone into the Celestial room- cause THAT is the most amazing and beautiful part of that temple!! LOVE it! the grounds are amazing though.
    Mom and Camera said...
    I loved looking at your photos. These are my favorites: 2 (overall favorite "post card" shot, 8 (like the composition), 11 (fun angle), 14 (cool sky), and 15 (gorgeous grounds.) Thanks for sharing!!
    Laurel C. said...
    You must have put your favorite pictures up front, because I liked pictures 1-4. Picture 1 has nice, deep colors. And I like how the eye is led from the foreground to the mid-ground to the temple. Perfect.

    How wonderful that the London Temple has 32 acres of beautiful grounds. I love that they encourage contemplation with benches! The antithesis of the London Temple must be the Tokyo Temple. I think they had one little park strip of grass out front... that's it. Maybe the contemplation benches were inside.

    What a great trip. And what great pictures!
    Bradwich said...
    2, 3, 8, 10, 11, 12, and 13.

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex