Monday, December 8, 2008

I've decided that creating a blog is kinda like when I was a kid and got a new toy. At first the new toy is all you want to play with. You sneak it to school with you in your backpack, you show it to all of your friends, you take pictures with it, you dream about it, etc. I have a long history of doing this with new things: my He-Man power sword, X-Men and Star Wars action figures, my iPod, and that weird thing I can do with my stomach (believe me, that's weird to dream about). I feel like I have to have something profound, insightful, or at least whiney to blog about. To top things off, both Christian and I have gone back to being really busy ever since Thanksgiving break ended. I have two projects left for Accounting in the next four days, and when I'm busy Christian doesn't get a computer (because I get mad that I'm busy and lock him in his room, tied to the closet door)(Not really, if any police are reading this, besides he's 21 now so it wouldn't be illegal). Despite the lack of freetime and general exhaustion that has crept into our respective lives the past week and a half has been quite rewarding.

Christian's play opened on Friday and they had a respectable turnout. I haven't yet seen it, but don't worry all you who just judged me for being a bad brother, I'm going to go this weekend, I hear it's really good. This set of plays is all based on the prompt "Games we Play" and is all about relationships, so they're comedies (Mormons + Relationships = Awkwardness/inherent comedy). Christian was the supervising director (read: Most important person in the room) of this set of plays and has had more than his fair share of headaches. In a feat of amazing durability and resiliance, Christian's head managed not to explode despite twelve people dropping out of the production (that's right twelve) two of which dropped in the past week and a half leaving the roles to Christian. I think he qualifies for a purple heart (due to the high blood pressure from his Cragun genes).
I've been inundated with homework and homework and homework. What time I don't spend studying I spend with Sarah, and the remainder with my He-Man power sword. Sarah's little sister, Savannah, came back from California with her after Thanksgiving and we found some time to drive up to Salt Lake and see Temple Square with all the lights.




The last bit of exiting news - We have a Christmas tree! It's a live Christmas tree, and I will post some pictures of it and some exciting Saws-all pics soon (read: within the next three months). I now have to go and finish my accounting project, I think the glue is finally drying on my macaroni.

Over nine feet of rain falls each year in the Amazon rain forest :-)

Edit: I read this post and I felt badly that Nathan hadn't embedded any fun links. So on my search of Youtube I found this gem. You should see the other videos too, but this is one of my favorites.

3 Comments:

  1. Gil said...
    where do you come up with the ridiculously great videos? if only I had such skills. but thank you for giving me something to do at work other than work. much needed around here.
    Bradwich said...
    I have a He-man power sword, too. Seriously--it's sitting in my closet at home. One of the coolest Christmas gifts I've ever received.

    Props to Christian.
    Noimforserious said...
    Who's that weird looking kid sarah is sitting next to?

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex