Thursday, December 18, 2008

Finally!


I saw this drawing as I was walking up to campus, and if you know me you know how much I hate pedestrians in Provo, so this made me laugh for a long time.  If you can't read what the word bubbles say, let me retype them for you: the little girl says "I thought crosswalks protected people." to which the mom responds "They only protect people with brains, dear."  This was drawn on the base of the stairs at 300 East and 800 North where on a daily basis I see someone just step out into the road with no regard for where the nearest cars are.  It also doesn't matter if it's day or night, sunny or cloudy, snowy, wet or dry, pedestrians just figure crosswalks mean that cars will see them and stop.  I'm sure the people who need to heed this message (1) aren't my friends so they won't see this post and (2) aren't smart enough to understand the drawing and sadly therefore the only people who are going to benefit from this are those of us with brains who get a solid laugh out of it.  Instead of waiting for the problem to correct itself I think I've proactively come up with a solution, just attach one of these to the front of our car.

1 Comment:

  1. Natalie said...
    Ah yes, that part of campus is infamous for its unaware pedestrians. I can't tell you how many times I've cursed those students crossing the street (well no curse words were actually spoken out loud).

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex