Friday, November 28, 2008

Merry Black Friday

I figured it was time to let go of the fact that we are neglected (since people are acutally checking our site - Thank you), and start posting about the things that are happening in our life.  In the spirit of the holidays our car has decided to quit working.  When did it decide to do so? Yesterday morning when we were hoping to go feast on delicious turkey and pie.  The car was mocking us, openly and shamelessly mocking us.  For those of you who don't know, the last six or seven months with this car have been quite the struggle.  Everytime we get it working again, something else goes on it.  In a car ad we would be able to advertise "Completely rebuilt engine" and "will sometimes run great" also "was not responsible for any recent instances of genocide." 

Yesterday morning I got up and, like any good male on thanksgiving, went to play Ultimate Frisbee (which reminds me; touch football is a really girly sport.  When you take the tack
le out of football it begins to feel like a more girly version of a manicure party).  The car, just to tease me, started without a problem driving to frisbee.  After a five man game of frisbee I hopped in the car and turned the key and the car made a sound like an old man weezing after smoking for 30 years.  Or like I had put that old man in the engine fan.  Normally our car sounds like a rock-polishing machine, so I didn't think too much of it and tried starting it again.  The car, again taunting me, made some sounds like it was starting (rock-polishing as opposed to old man in fan), but just when I thought it would catch it just quit sounding.  One more time I tried it and it started like a gem (from all the rock polishing).
I headed home and we got ready to leave, hopped in the car and tried starting it again.  After three times and mixed prayers and profanity the car started.  I thought "maybe it just needs to get warmed up."  We went to pick up Jessica, and Christian had the infinite wisdom to suggest that we try starting the car a couple more times and that if it wasn't going to start immediately that maybe we should not take it up to Brigham City for fear that we would get stuck up there and have to become Utah State students.  The funny car starting sounds did not get any better, but in fact got worse.  Jessica suggested that we could take her car.  She went to start it and, brace yourself for this, it did not start; dead battery.  So we took our crippled car and pulled it up to her crippled car and gave it a jump. 
 In a small holiday miracle, her car started.
We took off for Brigham City and had a, thankfully, uneventful car ride up.  We arrived in time for lunch and had a spectacular feast with our Aunt and Uncle Darrel and Jolene their kids, our Grandma and our uncle Dave.  After lunch, because no holiday would be complete without a little bit of YouTube and blogging, our cousins busted out their computers and we did some video swapping and some blog reading (as a reference, they actually enjoyed reading our blog and spent a significant amount of time perusing its contents).  After a few more rousing games of ping pong and Ticket to Ride it was time to be off and consume more pie in Draper, pick up Sarah and her sister from the airport and finally arrive back at home safe and sound.
That brings me to today.  This morning I dropped Christian off at work and just for kicks drove by some of the stores up in that area and noticed lines and full parking lots and so on and mused to myself how happy I was that I have absolutely no expendable income and was not in the massive black Friday rush.  I hope everyone reading who did participate in the insanity had all their hopes and dreams fulfilled and that the pushing and shoving and angry looks was all worth it, and that you felt very Christmas-y the whole time.  Because I was feeling in such a holidayish mood, I went home and went to sleep.  
The car problems did not end though.  I think that the car was a little jealous that we left it at home and took Jessica's instead, so today instead of coughing and sputtering it has decided to just spin and spin and spin and never catch.  I think it has completely consumed that poor old man.  I think I'm going to spend the rest of the evening conteplating ways to make the car... disappear? and still claim it under insurance.  I wonder if it would fit in a BlendTec Blender?  I bet I could put it in there one piece at a time and say that it was an "industrial accident." "I don't know how the car got in the blender Mr. Insurance adjuster, it must have wanted to make a shake and it went horribly wrong."  In the mean time it's just sitting out there in our parking lot laughing at me.
Happy Black Friday everyone! 


P.S. Sorry for the helter skelter post, it seemed to flow a lot better in my head.

8 Comments:

  1. Bradwich said...
    I hear you on the car problems. Maybe we could find some poor sap who would buy both of our vehicles in a package deal?
    Bradwich said...
    Btw, that's a comment in every post so far by yours truly. I don't wanna hear anymore whining. Especially when I don't get reciprocation...
    Unknown said...
    Dear you guys,
    I'm adding you to my blog. :)
    Natalie said...
    sorry about your car. I thought you'd at least enjoy an additional comment, so there it is. Sorry about your car.
    p.s. you should comment on MY blog(s) [that's right, I have two, and two is bigger and better than one] if you want more comments.
    Natalie said...
    oh, and what's going on with Christian's blog. Seriously, you haven't posted on it in almost a year! That's not the way to get people to pay attention to you. tisk tisk.
    Laurel C. said...
    Since you have Google Analytics, you are probably wondering who your blog visitor from San Francisco is, aren't you? It's your long-lost cousin, Laurel. The blog stalker. But you know about blog stalking: "Our cousins busted out their computers and we did some video swapping and some blog reading."

    Way to start a blog and not tell your best readership: bored cousins! But I am on to you now! [evil laugh]

    Glad to see that you guys are still there.
    Mom and Camera said...
    Just got an email from your newest blog stalker (aka. Laurel) and spent a delightful 20 minutes or so reading your very humorous posts. Then I invited Greg over to enjoy them as well. We laughed, cried, were slightly scared (those are some fine pictures!) and then added you to my blog. We'll check back for more humorous posts!!!
    Matt said...
    This is just to help your stats.

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex