Sunday, February 22, 2009

House Projects

I'm Back!


I know there has been much speculation circulating on the internet as to the role reversal Christian and I experienced.  He went from non-existent to blog controller, and my blog presence dried up.  To clear up a few things: 
I was not lost in Lithuania after overthrowing a corrupt government.
I was not in Antarctica discovering new species of penguins.
I also was not with Brendan Fraser on a journey to the center of the earth.

So what have I been up to?  Well, in January I turned 24, and so far I can't tell any difference.  No super powers, no wife, no magical platypus, no winning lottery ticket, no delicious cake.  As far as I can tell, being 24 is exactly like being 23.  I'm fearful that I will find out in less than a year's time that being 25 will be the same story.

Also in January I did something that I probably shouldn't have.  I read the entire Harry Potter series from beginning to end; that's right I mean I read all seven books in about a month, which includes the two week break I took because I was beginning to dream wizard dreams.  It got really bad.  See I figure that your average Potter fan had about a year between books to let their mind rest, contemplate what was coming up in the next book, join Harry Potter support groups, cry about all the characters who were killed off, and then let the excitement wear off.  I, however, did not have those luxuries.  I was going through a book every four days and would replay parts of the books in my mind all day long.  I had a disease, and I think it probably could have been classed and addiction.

Harry Potter ended and in came February.  This is where things get good around here.  Christian and I have been working busily on school and then in our free time watching YouTube videos and doing house projects.  "What projects can you possibly do in an apartment?" you may ask.  "How do they get all of that goodness into donuts?" may be another question.  That I can't answer.  But as for our projects...

Aren't they beautiful?  Eighteen Frisbees.  Soak it in.  Go ahead, take a minute and just let the glory of frisbees lighten your day and your life.  I've been much happier and healthier since I started sleeping under the glory of the disc.  Because I'm an accountant and anal, you will notice that all of the frisbees are lined up perfectly straight and square, I blame this on my father.
I also decided that it was time I got my affairs in order in my room and went to work giving my room a deep clean:


Christian, not wanting to be left out of the cleaning extravaganza, did his part to organize his half of the room:
As you can see, he has successfully sorted his towel from his coat.

Just when you began to say "Wow! you must have been swamped for the first two weeks of February!" I say to you, there's more!  That's right!  Amazing things happen when you don't have a TV in your apartment.  It turns out you have all this time where you can do "useful" things.  Or you can do what we've done.

Because Christian and I made a new years resolution to become the cooler than the pope, we and our roommates have started hosting a game/dessert night on sundays evenings after ward prayer.  Our apartment just didn't have that "We're Cool!" flavor to it though.  Christian ingeneously solved this dilema by printing out 150 of his favorite pictures and purchasing enough sticky tack to stick our car to the side of our apartment building.  The end result:

The picture of the pictures looks pretty cool, but it really looks even cooler in real life.

And finally our most entertaining project has been the bathroom.  For Christmas I was given crayons.  I love crayons, I don't know if something was lacking from my childhood and now I'm trying to make up for it by owning and using as many crayons as possible, so the gift of crayons was perfect.  Not only were they crayons, they were special crayons that allow you to write on bathroom surfaces... so we did.  You may have to click on the pictures to be able to read what it written.  


So you can see why I haven't been posting as much, I've just been so busy.  I'm still alive and well, and will keep you up to date on future undertakings (like taxes and the resurrection of the scooter).  It just wouldn't be a post without a link, so here's probably the funniest thing I've read in a long long time. And this one is gold.

4 Comments:

  1. rob said...
    18 discs = the Shangri la of apartment decorations. For the record I like Christian's picture mosaic creation in the front room too... maybe one day I'll even come see it but don't quote me on that. So. Far. Away.
    Bradwich said...
    Hooray--hiatus is over! Hopefully this translates to more than one blog post per month (by both Craguns)...

    And if you weren't on a journey to the center of the earth, were you on a journey to the center of the mind (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN2VNFpiGWo)?

    Also, Harry Potter was also addicting for me. Those books are like crack.
    Laurel C. said...
    That is a bachelor pad if ever I have seen one. Nice work!
    Unknown said...
    I hate donuts. I heart frisbees and Harry Potter. Please post more.
    Maybe I just wrote you a song on my guitar. Maybe I didn't. Its so hard to say.

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex