Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A few updates as teasers

For those of you who feel that I have been neglecting this blog, that is simply not true. I have been purposely postponing my posts (P's) so that I can do what all bloggers do and apologize for not having posted in forever. Trust me on this one. I would venture to say that 90% of blog posts start out "I know it's been a while..." I just want to fit in.

However, since I only have about half an hour before my next class, I will keep this brief and full of lists (probably). So here are some things:

-I am now called as the ward activities council co-chair. This means that I am in charge of entertaining my entire ward for a whole summer. Our first activity is a throw back to elementary school. Ask me more on Sunday.

-I took glamor shots for the ward directory. Go to flickr.com, search for my name (first and last) and then click on the people tab and you should be able to see a few of them.

-With those glamor shots I pushed myself up to about 12,000 shots on this camera. Let's see how high it can go!!

-Current state of my iTunes library: 17168 songs, 48.2 days, 85.32 gigs.

- I still try to read. (I just signed up for goodreads.com). Some of the things that I'm reading:

  • Antigone written by Sophocles reworked by Jean Anouilh and translate out of French by Lewis Galantiere.
  • Lord of the Flies
  • Taking Steps by Alan Ayckbourn (it's a farce!)
  • Red Noses by Peter Barnes (Plague comedies rock!
- I'm taking classes this spring term. (Intermediate Directing, Stage Make-up, Theatre History)

-I'm taking stage make-up (see above) and I'll try to post some great pictures soon. Well, eventually.


Well, I need to go have my snack before I get back into some awesome learning stuffs.

See you again in a few months.

-Christian

6 Comments:

  1. Mom and Camera said...
    I'll make my comment a list too so that I fit in:
    --We really want you to feel like you fit into the blog world so we won't wonder if you're "still here" if you don't post for a really long time :D!!!
    --Activities co-chair/chair was one of my favorite callings!
    --I just checked out your flickr and there are a serious amount of photos of ward members there. That must be one AWESOME ward directory.
    --WOW on the iTunes songs!! But 12,000 snaps is young for a camera.

    I look forward to your next post--in a few months!
    Unknown said...
    1. Read Antigone in the French. Its better, trust me. First I read it in French, then I read it in English for some Theatre class, and the French is better ( same for Le Petit Prince.)
    2. Whenever you guys do update and your blog title pops up first on my blog I have to laugh at the fact that the title is really saying, "I know its been awhile..." every time.
    3. I never say that. I don't care if it has or has not been awhile. Other people can deal.
    4. Stage makeup is an awesome class. Who are you taking it from?
    5. beridona is a funny word.
    6. I heart lists.
    Christian said...
    Mom and Camera- I'm hoping the directory will be awesome, we still haven't received one yet. And yes 12,000 is still fairly young but I'm shooting for 100,000 (even if it's only rated to 50,000) just so that I can have some unreachable goal to haunt me :)

    Renny- Unfortunately "Read French Fluently" is still on my to do list. So I really have one choice, however if you would like to read it to me in French we can work something out. Also, why are you taking random theatre classes? Is this a side of you I never knew about? And I'm taking make-up with Haleh, she's a grad student, but very good at what she does.
    Bradwich said...
    Re: paragraph 1--you've always been a conformer, Christian. I'm not surprised to see you doing it again. :P

    Good to hear from you again. Also, my music library is almost exactly half the size of yours. So I guess our libraries are proportional to our heights.
    Natalie said...
    "a FEW of them"?!?! holy cow! You have a lot more pictures up than just a "few!" Anyway, it was fun to look through them :)
    Unknown said...
    Dear Christian,
    I was a theatre minor back in my undergrad days of course. My makeup class was taught by grad students as well, and they were great. Get crackin' on that French eh?

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex