Monday, April 13, 2009

It's A Road Trip!!!


We're back! and we have a challenge for our avid listeners (that's you)!


One of my very closest friends, Chris Beach, is getting married this summer and Christian and I have decided to attend because we love him.  The wedding is up in Washington (state) and because neither Christian nor I have been to Oregon or Washington, or even Northern California, we've decided to turn this into a road trip.  It will probably be replete with break downs and engine fires and hitchhiking and cow tipping, but we think we can do better than all those combined.  we want you, the reader, to make a list of things you want us to do, and we will see how many we can do and get pictures of.  For example, you may want us to get pictures with some hard-core motorcyclists sporting american flag head bands.  Or you may want us to swing on fifteen different swingsets. Or you may want us to ride a bull moose.  You make the list and we will print it out and do as many as we can and take pictures while we're doing it.  We plan on having a ton of fun and want some help from you.

We have been trying our best to survive this semester, and so far have done a pretty good job of it.  Christian was in Macbeth, I saw Macbeth.  Christian got his haircut pretty short, I approved of his haircut.  Christian did homework, I also did homework.  Eric came and surprised Christian, Eric left his watch with us.  Mom came and visited us, our cupboards are stuffed with food.  We have started hosting dessert nights at our apartment, no one in our apartment sleeps on Sunday nights.  Pirates took a US ship, they died.

Something very big that has happened in our life is that we are now members of a very exclusive club.  A club that is only for nobles and professionals. Sam's club.  Card-Carrying members.  We feel like real men.

If anyone's wondering about my dating life, it doesn't really exist.  I was taken on a fun quadruple date a couple of weeks ago.  And I actually asked a girl out on a date to a show... with my mother.  I love my mother, I really do, but for the sake of the girls I ask out, I really don't plan on bringing her along on future dates.  I felt like I was back in middle school, because not only was my mom along for the date, but then she dropped my date off at her apartment afterwards.  I am such a loser.  I hope I get my braces off before my next date and this blasted acne goes away.

Love y'all

Nate

9 Comments:

  1. HR said...
    I want you to NOT eat at In-N-Out, step foot on a beach, or buy gas. You can barter for gas, just no buying.
    coloradoeaston said...
    Hi,I found you blog from Laurels. Add to the list a group hug that goes completely around a red wood tree. Minimum of 10 people.

    Sarah Easton
    Bradwich said...
    Take a picture with hippies. Bonus points for tie-dye shirts and/or weed.

    And you really should go see Multnomah falls just outside of Portland. They're gorgeous.

    That's about all I can think of at the moment. I'll give more as they come to mind.
    Unknown said...
    See how long a gummy bears last stuck to the outside of the car, based upon their color. You will have to lick their backs and then stick them on, try by a fender or some place nice and vertical. It seems like a waste of perfectly good gummy bears I know.
    Kim said...
    I would recommend NOT going on highway 1 the entire time, especially if anyone gets motion sickness. Look for YUBA CITY about 2 hours north of San Fran, and definitely definitely go see the redwoods. There are a couple places you can drive through a tree. That's fun, I want a picture of that.
    Natalie said...
    I'd like to see you guys share a milkshake with a burly truck-driver, you know, like from those 50's movies. I'd also like to see skateboarding behind somebody's car/truck, but I think that's not only illegal, it's also extremely dangerous, so maybe not...
    Sam said...
    As per request of Christian, I have a couple of things for you:

    1. Go to Alcatraz! I hear it's closing sometime in the near future, and relishing in the memories of horrible prisoners past is a must.
    2. While in Seattle, go to the Seattle Center and Pike Place market--cliche, but awesome.
    3. If you really want to see something special, quite large, and completely random, I suggest going to see the Troll under the Fremont Bridge:
    http://www.seattlesrestaurants.info/www.seattlesrestaurants.info/images/large/Bridge-Troll-Seattle-WA-500x375.png
    It's the one random thing that I always take my friends to see.. If you want directions, just ask!

    good luck with the trip!
    Natalie said...
    Mine might be simple...but I just want a shout out. Write "Brocks Rock" in the sand. (Hey, if you are in the Portland area you should hit Scott and Traci up for free food and beds! They would love it.)
    Scott and Traci said...
    Hey we just found your blog. If you guys need a place to crash on your journey, know that we'd love to have you stay at our place. We're just SW of Portland and only about 20 minutes off I-5. Scott

Post a Comment



Ratatat | Lex